Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 5 Sunday, July 22

Hello! It's been about 5 days since the surgery. Here are a few things I thought I'd share with you...

1. Swelling is back and bigger then ever. My knee is huge. Bruising has extended down my shin, and surprisingly, it is the most painful part (besides the knee/bone/graft/thingy itself)
2. My extension has improved I think, but my flexion is gonna take a lot of time still.
3. My appetite is coming back very slowly (I ate a whole bagel today :) ). It's the pills I swear, usually I'm a hog.
4. I am off oxycodone now but can still take Percocet. Advil helps with the swelling
5. I can bear a lot of weight on my feet, but am still really nervous about doing so
6. Sleeping is a pain in the butt. I wear the CPM machine while I fall asleep, and then I wake up and try and get out of it. So, then I have to put the brace on and its very uncomfortable to sleep in
7. Lack of sleep leads to me sleeping ALL day. But who cares..

So,  this is what you have to look forward too :)

Tip: Start icing your shin before it hurts. The pain will come a few days after surgery and mainly at night, when you are not as active.
Tip II: Pain will come, and come fast at night, so catch it before by taking pills at the same time everyday!
Tip III: do the PT exercises, it's helping me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment